· Respect individuality, embrace differences, and allow each other to be themselves.
· Do things with friends and family and have activities independent of each other.
· Discuss things, allow for differences of opinion, and compromise equally.
· Express and listen to each other’s feelings, needs, and desires.
· Be honest with themselves and their partner.
· Respect each other’s need and right for privacy.
· Respect sexual boundaries and physical space.
· Be able to say no to sex or anything they’re uncomfortable with.
· Resolve conflicts in a peaceful and nonviolent way.
· Share in decisions about things affecting both partners.
· Have room for positive growth and learn more about each other.
Copyright © 2022 Baldwin Family Violence Shelter - All Rights Reserved.